Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Journey of My Blog
If you are ever curious about how to manage a blog, I will explain how by describing what the "Settings" and "Display" buttons mean. "Settings" allow bloggers to refine how they want their blog to be. They can decide whether they want it to be private or public, what time zone they follow, what language they want it in...etc. etc. And "Display" allows bloggers to put their artistic mark on their blog. They get to choose how the page is organized, what colors it will be, what design it will have...etc. etc. I probably would not get into these details if I were teaching a class of students unless we had the time to go through them. I may assign the students to go fiddle around with how they want their setting and layout to be on their own time, but I am pretty certain personalizing a blog is something that can be done outside of class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like your short description of what"Settings" and "Layout" are for. I agree that these two options allow me to personalize my blog in many ways. The matter is time: how much I am willing to spend for doing it. That sense, I agree with you. It will be a good idea for students to do that (if they want to) outside their class.
ReplyDeleteKrysta, I appreciate your sensitivity toward your future students about blogging. Linda
ReplyDelete