I find it a bit funny how we could have exchanged phone numbers, but we never saw the need to since we already had each other's e-mails. If it were up to me, we would have all had Facebook profiles to stay in touch, and we'd have our own group where we could post discussions on the discussion board. But alas, not all of us have Facebook or are interested in such things.
I found that we are only as good as the one who knows the least about technology. I found that we all had to work by helping each other learn the technology so that we were not only coming up with a lesson plan, but teaching each other as well. I also found the wikispaces to be useful, keeping me connected throughout the week so that I never felt lost about what was going on, or panicked about not having a way to contact anyone.
I think our working together, teaching each other, and staying in contact is a great skill that students should learn. If I were to give my students a project, I would make sure that it is essential that they collaborate (or else they would not perform well) because collaboration is so important in the workplace, in and out of the classroom.

No comments:
Post a Comment