Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Podomatic

I was not sure what to think of this podcasting site. I understood that I could probably use the FTP client to help me upload media onto my page, but since I didn't do the last part of the project until after I got out of class, I had no way of testing to see if the uploads would work or check to see if it would be simple enough to teach students how to do it. My main concern is not about whether or not students will be able to upload media on their Podomatic site (it looks pretty straight forward with only three steps) but rather it is about the difficulty of using a sound recording from Audacity and then transferring it to web. Based on what I learned in class, all I could teach my students is how to post already made recordings onto their site, unless I can provide a webcam or microphones for my students and record directly onto Podomatic. But even though I have the knowledge to teach my students how to use these programs, I find little use in the activity. I think this knowledge more benefits me when it comes to making online activities with sound...etc. But I am not sure if knowing how to post recordings on the web is helpful for an ESL class. Besides, even I had trouble getting through the activity without encountering little details that through off the entire process. It would be a lot to demand of ESL students to learn how to work these programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment